If you would like to become a member, please contact the CSN Membership Secretary.
Alternatively, you may download our Membership Application form here (Word document).
Benefits of CSN Membership
- CSN holds an annual Conference, usually in the Spring. Advance information and early bird booking forms are sent out to members. Every third year we hold a day conference rather than a weekend to enable attendance at the Retreat Association (RA) Conference;
- Twice yearly newsletters with the latest news and events;
- Notification of CSN days to encourage local networking during the year;
- A copy of the annual publication Retreats and the annual RA newsletter produced in the summer. Retreats is posted annually on publication each December. It includes articles, book reviews and listings for over 230 retreat centres;
- All members receive a discount for Conferences and specific training days and quiet days organised by the Retreat Association;
- Retreat Centre members also receive a free entry in the Retreats publication.
Annual Subscription Rates
Individual membership £25
Concessions (unwaged) £20
Community/ Parish/ Group £30
Large Retreat Centre £120
Medium Retreat Centre £60
Small/ non-residential Retreat Centre £40
Membership of the Retreat Association
Membership of CSN automatically includes membership of the Retreat Association, an ecumenical organisation which aims to help people find ways of exploring and deepening their journey with God through spirituality and prayer.
On behalf of its members the Retreat Association works in the following areas:
- Offers individual, appropriate and impartial advice to whoever contacts the national office, whatever their background or belief – ranging from experienced practitioners in the field to those at a time of crisis seeking support and advice;
- Enables people to find a spiritual director or mentor in their local area;
- Encourages and supports the ministry of spiritual direction through training conferences, maintaining a list of local spiritual direction courses and developing the first set of National Guidelines in Spiritual Direction in 2016;
- Provides a range of resources (including the Retreats handbook mentioned above), a comprehensive website, leaflets and packs to help people discover and deepen their faith journey;
- In partnership with retreat centres, facilitates regional training days to enable members to offer their local community the opportunity to find space for reflection;
- Facilitates a 3-day national conference every 3 years for some 300 members, retreat house wardens, leaders, spiritual directors and other practitioners, to enable an exchange of good practice and expertise;
- Develops partnerships with people working in an environment where the need for reflection and a safe space may be more significant e.g. offering retreats to inner city young people;
- Works imaginatively to make retreats and spiritual direction more accessible to all through its annual Stop! in the Name of God weekend.
Membership of CSN helps to support the Retreat Association in all these areas of work.
Catholic Spirituality Network